Sunday 24 March 2013

Product Wars - Cleansing Waters


Cleansing/ micellar waters are becoming more and more popular within the blogosphere and the beauty community, I have been using one by 'Yves Rochers' for a while and really love it and with the fairly recent launch of the 'B.' brand in 'Superdrug' I thought I would give it a try and see how I like it and how it compared to my other cleanser.

The cleansing water by 'Yves Rocher' can only be found online here as far as I am aware however this doesn't bother me as the delivery is reasonably priced and really fast too. This cleanser is slightly on the thicker side and has more of a gel/ water consistancy, it is perfume and paraben free and and contains organic cornflower water making it really gentle and soothing on the skin. It is applied to a cotton pad and wiped over the face to remove any make up and impurities and is safe for the eyes too and does a really good job and removing any heavy eye make up. This cleanser usally retails at £7 for 200ml however 'Yves Rocher' seem to constantly have offers on and I dont think I have ever brought it at full price either at  half price or buy one get one free!


I havent heard alot about the 'B.' range in 'Superdrug' however did hear about them bringout a micellar water so thought I would give it a try link. With this being a highstreet store brand means it is super easy to get hold of and retails for £4.99 which is pretty good value for a 150ml bottle which does go quite far. This cleanser is much more of a water consistancy as advertised in the name and again is applied to a cotton pad then sweeped over the face. This product says to be a 3 in 1 product and cleanses, tones and refreshes the skin and similar to the other one is said to be suitable for all skin types and the delicate eye area too. When I first used this I wasnt greatly impressed as it did sting around my eye area when removing my eye make up however it did remove it well, although as I continued to try it out I think it was a user error and I was applying a little to much as I was so used to the other thicker gel/ water and now I do not get this feeling at all.


I think both these products are really good water cleansers as they both remove all traces of make up and although I dont personally have sensitive skin on my face I think they both are gentle enough for all skin types. They both feel very cooling and soothing on the skin and are both super easy to use.
Smell wise the 'Yves Rocher' cleansing water has more of a gentle floral smell which is very gentle and doesn't last on the skin and the 'B.' version which i'm not such a big fan of the scent smells much more chemically and a bit like nail polish remover in the bottle however doesnt not smell as bad  when removed of applied to the face. I am a big lover of the 'Cleansing Water Face and Eyes'  from 'Yves Rocher' and think I will always be a fan and however because of the 'B.' version being much easier to get hold of and slightly cheaper I think this may be a new staple in my cleansing routine, and I may have to try some other products form their range.

I hope you enjoyed this little comparing reviewing, do you use any cleansing waters? Or have you tried any of the 'Superdrug B.' range?
Bye for now. x

No comments:

Post a Comment