Tuesday 30 April 2013

My First Essie Polish - Say Whaaaat!


In my April Glossy Box I received an Essie nail polish which I was really excited about as can you belive it I have never tried or owned one before. Essie is becoming a much more popular brand here in England now as it becoming more readily available in the highstreet in 'Superdrug' stores but they are slightly on the pricey side for me especially with the overflowing numbers I have of polishes as it is.

The colour I recieved my polish in is 'Bikini So Teeny' which firstly is one of the cutest names I have heard for a nail polish and it is a really beautiful colour. It is a blue toned lavender purple which is perfect for the spring summer seasons, it also has a very subtle glitter within it which isnt chuncky but slightly more than just a shimmer so when applied to the nails create a really nice sheen when it hits the light. As you can see in the picture below the colour does come out a little more blue when on the nails then in the bottle however is still a beautiful colour and this picture was taken 4 day into wear and had been through a big battle of house work and gardening with still very little chipping which I was really impressed with. I also like the fairly big brush it has as it makes it much easier to apply to the nails and the tapered edges really help to get a neat line really close to the cuticle for a nice polished finish.



Overall I was really impressed with this polish and the Essie brand, it has made me think that although it is slightly on the pricier side for me personally to spend on a nail polish that they are worth it as they have really beautiful colours and are great qaulity. I think this polish will be a staple for the up coming months and will get a hell a lot of use.
Have you tried or have any Essie nail polishes? Any recommendations of good ones?
Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x

No comments:

Post a Comment