Friday 7 June 2013

Favourites #2


Now I cant believe looking back this is only my second favourites post! Bad blogger! Anyway with summer on the approach and after a few days away I have had a chance to reach for some old products and try some new ones out too and have really enjoyed using them.

Firstly some of my favourite types of products, nail polishes, the two I have are two of the 'Barry M Gelly Polishes' they are the only two I have however definitley make me want to get more. I have the orange 'Papaya' and 'Greenberry' which is a green turqoiuse type shade, I have always been a big fan of Barry M polishes and these still don't dissapoint. The formula is a little thicker which gives the 'gel' look however are still easy to apply and handle, I think some of the other colours will be on my shopping list very soon. Another product which ties in with these is the 'Elegant Touch Rapid Dry for Nails' this is always a must have for me when painting mine or anyone else's nails as it helps the polish dry faster. Now it claims to dry the nails in 60 seconds which im not so sure is true, of what I can work out it sprays a layer of oil over the polish which removes the tackiness of wet polish meaning it much less likely to smudge if knocked but i'm pretty sure its impossible to have any product like this to fully dry polish in such little time so I still like to wait a good hour before doing too much but it's still a handy helping hand.



Next up is the 'VO5 Miracle Concentrate' I got this a couple of years ago when hair oils were increasingly popular and a bit of a craze and really like using it then. This is said to be an intensive leave in treatment with argon oil and vitamins, it is pretty cheap at £5.19 for a 50ml bottle which will last forever as a little goes so far. I started using this again recently as the ends of my hair were starting to dry out and feel a bit limp, I like to use this after I have washed my hair and apply to the mid to ends of my hair when still damp then either blow dry it or leave it to dry naturally and it makes your hair feel super soft and it has a beautiful delicate fragerence to it too.


Next a couple of facial products the first being one I recieved in one of my fairly recent 'Glossy Box's' the 'Elemis Fresh Skin Exfoliating Face Wash' I got this just in time to take away with me on holiday and it was really great to use, the travel size bottle was perfect I still have some left as a little really goes a long way. As you can see from the picture below it is a gel like formula with little yellow and white jojoba beads to polish and exfoliate this skin, they are not to harsh on the skin but still feel like they are giving a deep cleanse and really doing something. One think I really liked about this is as you work the product around it produced a lather which felt super soft and made my skin feel like this too once I had washed it off. For a full size 100ml bottle of this will take you back £12 which is a little more than I would usually spend but I think this is a definate repurchase for me as I really loved it and so did my skin.


Lastly I have a product for you belimsh prone ones out there and it is the 'Soap and Glory Dr Spot Spot Fighting Gel' this is one of the few 'Soap and Glory' products I have used and it a clear gel you apply to any spots whether they are under the skin, white heads or one that have been picked, naughty naughty! This works similar to many other spot products by drying out the spot but is pretty good at not drying out the skin around the area it is applied. This product is quite strong and probably is'nt suited to anyone with sensitive skin as it contains salicylic and lactic acids and can give it a little stinging sensation especially on any broken skin or spots that have burst but personally I like that feeling as it feels like its working and doing something. I like to apply this in the evening after cleansing my skin however as it it a really thin clear liquid it would be suitable to wear under make up too as long as you let it dry first.

Well there we have it a few products I have been loving recently, have you used any of these products or have any similar you would recommend? I would love to hear any replies, thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x

No comments:

Post a Comment