Thursday 8 August 2013

What's on My Face #1

Being a lover of all things make up and beauty I love reading what make up people like to wear and how they change it for different occasions and different days, one persons who I always love to read is What I Heart Today's post and so as an avid make up wearer myself I thought why not give it a shot?



This look I wore on a family fun afternoon out when myself my sister and little niece decided to take a little trip out to a local garden centre. We went to the Barn Yard which is situated in Appledram in West Sussex and it a very cute typical country side garden centre/ farm yard and it also had a little animal corner with turkeys and guinea pigs and a maize maze (or corn for us Brits over here.) It was great fun for very little money, I'll pop a couple pictures in here so you can have a little look.


Anyway back to the make up, at the minute my skin isn't behaving its best at the minute so I used my 'Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer with a mixture of shades 1 and 2 followed by my 'Borjois 123 Foundation' which I like to used on my worse skin days as it says to have different pigments within it to cancel out different skin imperfections. I use the pointed foundation brush and buffing brush from the 'Real Techniques Core Collection' to apply these products.


I then use my trusty 'Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder' and Rimmel Natural Bronzer' applied with my kabuki brush from the 'Zoella' store to set my foundation and provide a little contour and bronze. The blush I used from 'MeMeMe' and is one of their box blushes in the shade Rouge and is a peachy red shade with a slight shimmer so is great for a blush/ highlighter combo. I think this blush looks really great with a brighter lip and really compliments the 'Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick' which is in the shade 020 tropical pink and really does have great pay off for the sheer colour in the stick.


Finally for my eyes I went for a really natural sweep of colour by using the 'MUA Undress Me Too' palette with Shy all over the lid and Lavish just in the outer corner blended into the crease and a little of the grey toned brown colour 'dark brown' from my 'HD Brows' palette to give a little bit of definition to the upper lash line and this is also the same colour I used to fill in my brows. Then to completely finish off a couple layers of the 'B. All Mascara' in black all over the lashes.

So there we have my first 'What's on My Face' post, I hope you liked it, I would love any advice on what you thought of it or further posts you would like to see. Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x


No comments:

Post a Comment