Tuesday 22 April 2014

April GlossyBox ' 14



Yet again the month has flown by and my little parcel of goodies has arrived, I'm pretty sure I say this every month but I have no clue where this year is going! This months box has the theme of sweet treats and looks like spring/summer essentials that everyone will want and need. At first opening I wasn't hugely impressed as there was only one real full sized product and the others did just look a little poor, is this just me? Am I getting too picky? Although once I dug a little deeper I did feel much better about what I got. 


The first thing that caught my eye was the Tresemme Instant Refresh dry shampoo as it was the biggest product in there, I have heard a lot about this as when it was launched a couple years ago it was the big rival to the beloved Batiste. I had never tried it as i'm not a huge dry shampoo user but it is the traditional white powder that absorbs the excess oils in the hair and does have a really nice fruity and fresh scent. I received a MeMeMe make up product too this month which is usually always a good product in my eyes as there is nothing like experimenting with new makeup. I got their Cheek and Lip Tint in the colour Cupids Kiss which I think is an adorable name and really suits the gorgeous pastel ice cream pink colour. However although it looks a great colour in the bottle the colour pay off on the skin is pretty poor. For a tint I would expect much more pigmentation but instead you just get more of a very subtle highlight and glow.


Monu is a company I have regularly received products from in previous boxes and usually have really loved so I was excited to see a massage and body oil from their MonuSpa range, I'm not sure if the spa range is new but I have never heard of it before so was looking forward to trying it out. The oil is their Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil and is able for use for the body, the bath and for massage too. I love an oil like this that can be used in the bath because like this one they turn your water all milky and really kick off their amazing scent. This oil does have a strong ginger smell so i'm not sure if I would want to use it as a body oil but it would be great for a really uplifting and energising bath, plus it contains calendula, jojoba seed oil and vitamin A and E which are all really great for the skin. Another product I was looking forward to trying was the QV Skincare Gentle Wash as it is a wash for the body, face, hands you name it and is so gentle its perfect for sufferers of eczema and dermatitis. I think I have mentioned before that I suffer with eczema on my hands from my job so i'm really excited to try this out and see how is works. 


The last product I wasn't over joyed with, which was a lip brush from Emite Make Up. This is a brand which I have never heard of before so in a way I guess it is good to have an introduction to a new make up brand however I don't think this is the best product to show them off. Personally I don't think I have ever used a lip brush to apply any products however it does feel a top quality and super soft brush so maybe i'll make the effort to use one now. And that's that, my box for this month. How was yours this month? Or have you tried or want to try any of the products I got? Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x 

No comments:

Post a Comment